NADO’s shared accommodation and Supported Independent Living service provide people with disability with the opportunity to live the way they want as independently as possible.
NADO offers a wide range of flexible support services that allow you to build your independence, participate in the community, and maintain good communication with families, friends and circles of support.
NADO is registered as:
- Community housing provider under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH).
- Provider of specialist accommodation under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Provider of supported independent living (SIL) services and supports for people with disability under the NDIS.
Supported Independent Living – Shared Accommodation
Shared accommodation offers the opportunity for residents to live with other people and have the support they require while also developing their independence.
When you live in a shared residence managed by NADO you will;
- live in a home where you feel secure, safe and comfortable
- enjoy privacy and freedom
- be involved in decisions about any changes to your home and activities
- have the opportunity and ability to grow, develop and engage in individual social, cultural and religious practices
- have opportunities for relationships in and outside of the home
- have a suitable and accessible physical environment
- have the information and encouragement to make healthy lifestyle choices
- develop the skills to live independently
NADO is developing opportunities for shared living for the future. Please contact us to let us know your needs for shared living so we can help you plan for your future. In some situations, applicants may be required to be eligible to receive funding for specialist disability accommodation in their NDIS or Continuity of Support plan.
Supported Independent Living – In home support
In home support services offers people with disability services to assist them to live in their own home. For example, support with budgeting, household routines, household maintenance, shopping and personal care may make the difference of being able to live independently in your own home. Our team can assess your readiness to live independently and help with your tenancy needs.
Short Term Accommodation
Short Term Accommodation is for overnight stays or for longer periods of time and can be provided in planned blocks for regular breaks or holiday periods. Short Term Accommodation can also be used if your usual carer has a medical emergency or is unavailable due to other commitments. Short Term accommodation can support you transition to permanent residency. NADO’s Cottage is short-term accommodation option located in the suburb of St Marys. Wheelchair accessible, comfortable and air-conditioned, the cottage allows people with a disability to experience time away from home in a safe, engaging and supported environment that takes into account the usual routines of school or work, training and programs. This lovely cottage has two living rooms and a peaceful garden courtyard. NADO’s Cottage is within a short distance to shops, public transport and entertainment facilities.
Contact us to discuss your needs. You never know what may be possible!